All site policies apply to the Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com website and any communications, electronic or otherwise including RSS Feed, made by or from Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com and/or its publisher and operator Mavenjoy Media, LLC (herein referred to as Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com).
EARNINGS DISCLAIMER, SPONSORED CONTENT, AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE & CREDITS
Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com exists to shine a light on the ideas, people, products, businesses and organizations that have really knocked our socks off. We handpick all subject matter featured in our articles because we think they've earned a shout-out, and we want you to know about them; we are never paid to do so. We also select our advertisers and affiliate programs because we think they are super cool and are contributing in some way to a greater good, beyond just their own economic good. We make every effort to be absolutely crystal clear about any relationship/association, including compensation methods that we may have with those featured on our site:
Affiliate, Sponsored Content and/or Pay-Per-Click: Some text and/or image links to third-party merchants may provide Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com with a small commission should you decide to make a purchase or click on the link. Rest assured, we select our affiliate relationships from the companies and products that are our most tried and true favorites and are extra-special in what they do or how they do it. Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com currently participates in the following affiliate or pay-for-click programs:
- BetterWorldBooks.com: "The online bookstore with a soul" that collects up used books and sells new and used books (even textbooks!) to fund literacy initiatives all over the world. All this and free shipping on US orders (and only $3.97 worldwide) -- with every order shipped carbon neutral!
- Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics: Vital Choice delivers sustainably-harvested, wild seafood with all the nutritional, environmental and social benefits that entails. Known best for its amazing selections of fish and shellfish, they continue to up the ante with offerings of organic berries, nuts, teas, chocolates, soups and more -- all while maintaining a continued commitment to exceptional quality, service and environmental stewardship.
- Thrive Market: Yea! Finally an online shopping club for healthy and organic products at prices 25%-50% below retail prices! AND with a sweet social mission to give away a free membership to a family in need for every membership sold. Super simple ways to shop by diet like gluten free, paleo, or vegan, by concern like non-GMO or organic, and more. Thrive has a real variety of products from truly great brands with fantastic deals and special offers. Join today!
- Native Remedies/PetAlive: Native Remedies offers a complete range of herbal and homeopathic remedies manufactured in an FDA and GMP registered pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. All remedies contain no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, are not tested on animals, and are backed by a one year unconditional money back guarantee. They bring this same quality, care and effectiveness to their line of pet products as well. Native Remedies also remains strongly committed to giving back to its own community and those of others through monetary and product donations, volunteering and event participation.
- Site Build It! (SBI!) Web Business Building & Hosting: This site was created with SBI!. SBI! goes beyond site building and site hosting with an amazing suite of tools for creating a successful web business and/or online presence that includes market research, search engine optimization, form builders, newsletter management, blogging/RSS feeds and much, much more. What really differentiates this company is its continuous innovating and over-delivering service and commitment to its customers -- all with an authentically supportive and "pay it forward" spirit.
- Only Natural Pet Store: Product selection reflects a commitment to holistic pet care and are made with only natural ingredients and of the highest quality. All products, including their own, undergo a screening and evaluation process in order to offer only the brands and choices "we would feel good about giving to our own pets". And a robust customer community provides extremely helpful product reviews and feedback on tons of items. The company is 100% powered by wind energy and its packaging aims to reduce waste, conserve resources and benefit the environment. They are currently working to become a Zero Waste company.
- Ancestry.com: In providing powerful tools to personally discover, connect, preserve and share our family history, Ancestry.com gives vital context and perspective to our place in the larger world and thus our responsibility to it and its future. Choose from the gamut of different tools and services including (our favorite) a subscription to the world's largest collection of historical records, and even the oldest and largest free online community dedicated to family history, and much more -- there's something for everybody...about everybody! You're apt to discover some truly mind-blowing information about your family. Incredibly interesting, particularly insightful and even a little addictive!
- iTunes, App Store and Mac App Store: Straight and to the point, Apple wows us most with their ingenuity in bringing the arts into our everyday lives. For that we will continue to support them and eagerly await and be encouraged as their environmental and social contributions catch up to that tremendous gift of applying innovation for providing greater access to the arts for all.
- FASHIONABLE: Love, love love this company'scommitment to providing opportunities for women by supporting and showcasing some of the most beautifully made jewelry, totes and bags, scarves and more. A true leader in sustainable fashion and dedication to making a positive impact...globally and locally (and located in my home state, now neighboring state of Tennessee, yes!)
- The Logo Company: Budget-friendly custom logo work with free unlimited revisions until you get it just like you want it and a money back guarantee if you're not tee-totally thrilled. The Logo Company truly impressed us with super attentive customer service, high-end work that truly feels custom, quick turn-around times and willingness to get it right. A much needed, valuable and economically-friendly option for a full service graphic design studio -- especially for small non-profits and businesses. Logo Designs Just $149!
- Warby Parker: According to Warby Parker, "(Jack) Kerouac inspired a generation to take a road less traveled and to see the world through a different lens", and that's what they are bringing to prescription eyewear. They offer a boutique gallery feel direct to the customer (online!) with (free!) home-try on's for just the right custom style, at just the right price. And for every pair sold, they provide a pair to someone in need. And they don't stop there, they provide entrepreneurial training and support for low income people in developing countries to start their own eyewear businesses. They are also a certified B corporation and carbon neutral. Eyewear with a purpose indeed!
- Gaiam: Founded in 1988, Gaiam has consistently provided the products, services and information that support healthy lifestyles, our environment, personal development and wellness. They launched the world's first carbon-neutral product shipping program, offset their carbon footprint with tree purchases, source post-consumer waste from sustainable forests and use 100% recyclable and biodegradable eco-conscious packaging for all media. Gaiam has partnered with Fair Trade for vendors and artisans that provide livable wages, skills training and sustainable business development. Non-Gaiam branded products are sourced only from companies that verify their use of fair labor practices, which includes maintaining social responsibility in their factories.
- Better World Club: America's only environmentally friendly auto club. Better World Club offers 24/7 nationwide assistance for cars and bikes with carbon offsets for travel. It also provides discounts to hybrid auto drivers, surcharges gas-guzzlers, and dedicates 1% of its gross revenues to environmental cleanup and advocacy. Better World Club also offers an option for bicycle roadside protection and gives family membership status to domestic partners as well as married couples.
- Gazelle: Gazelle is a consumer electronics trade-in site with a win win service providing cash back on our used gadgets plus further reuse or recycling of those devices. They are headquartered in Boston with facilities in Texas and Kentucky.
- PureFormulas: PureFormulas is a small (Florida based) business offering BIG on quality, savings and service for your health. It's your online source for vitamins, personal care and pet products of the highest quality including its own private label line. And with super quick, FREE shipping, no sales tax and no hassle returns on every single order (no minimums!), it's our ultra-dependable go-to source for keeping our vitamin and nutrition stash stocked.
- TOMS Shoes: One of the first social enterprises we learned about, that epitomized seeing a need and addressing it. In fact, they built a beautiful company around it: matching every pair of (cool!) shoes purchased with a new pair of shoes for a child in need. As TOMS' product lines have expanded from shoes to eyewear, apparel and accessories (coffee too!) so has its mission to address clean water, safer births and the gift of sight.
- HollyBeth Organics: An extra special line of organic luxury skincare products "made with ingredients that grow in the ground, not in a lab" and from just down the road in Atlanta, Georgia, to boot! Absolutely amazing ingredients! All certified organic, gluten free and cruelty-free too!
- Dry Farm Wines: So excited to be promoting these all natural (organic or biodynamic) additive-free wines. Hand-crafted for the highest quality natural wines from small, organic family farms that adhere to strict standards for health including sugar-free, low alcohol, mycotoxin/mold-free and more. Nothing added, nothing removed! All delivered to your door, no obligation, cancel anytime!
- Organic Basics: "Basically Better Made. Consciously created. Designed to last." Indeed, says it all! Awesome, better made for better quality and longer lasting underwear, tees and socks -- our definite go-to for our intimate essentials!
- Mavenjoy Picks for CDB Products: Green Roads: Pure CBD Oil and CBD Products Manufacturer and Supplier. Pharmacist-formulated and 3rd-party lab tested for pure, quality, safe and effective CBD oil products! Hemp Derived CBD extracted from whole plant with non-detectable THC and made in USA. And our newest addition, Joy Organics, for pharmaceutical-grade hemp CBD products. Family-owned and operated with organically grown and made in the USA full spectrum CBD products with zero THC for fast absorption + products for pets too!
- Chewy.com: Our genuine tried and true favorite with a vast selection of natural pet foods, toys, beds + pharmacy at great prices. But what keeps us coming back and such happy customers is their excellent customer service that over delivers every time and speedy quick shipping. So when we can't shop our favorite local, independent pet store, Chewy is a our favorite pick!
- Vitacost: Vitacost has become one of our most frequented "go-to's" for vitamins, supplements and organic brands for food, household and personal care items. Vitacost's huge selection initially attracted us, its excellent customer service and recycling program won us over, and its outstanding prices and value keep us coming back.
- Nisolo: Exceptional quality goods ethically made. Beautifully designed shoes, bags, jewelry, apparel and more, internationally designed, fairly priced.
- The Classic T-Shirt Company: As a total T-shirt kind of gal hailing from the cotton states of the South, I'm super happy to discover these 100% organic cotton, made in the USA garments. Providing fair treatment for all farmers and workers, they also give back, giving the customer his/her choice of charities to support. Sustainably made and packaged, this is sure to become your favorite for a classic wardrobe that never goes out of style and that you can feel really good about wearing literally and figuratively!
- Boody Eco Wear: THE most comfy AND durable underwear and daily essentials ever! Boody's basic essential are also hypoallergenic and super breathable made from organically grown bamboo and produced adhering to the highest standards for both the planet and their workers. You will never wear anything else.
- BookShop: Buy books online WHILE supporting local, independent bookstores! Love it! As BIG readers and book lovers, we super appreciate the convenience and access of purchasing books online but still doing our part to shine a light on and support local bookstores. Buy more books, read more books, give more books!
- Sheets & Giggles: Huzzah! The holy grail of bedding! Made of sustainable eucalyptus, bed linens are super silky soft and COOL! The best we've ever found! AND dogs are an important and integral part of its marketing, which is truly laugh out loud witty too! S&G has multiple certifications including OEKO-TEX, vegan and FKT - certified plus give 1% of profits to impactful, local nonprofits and is a BIG supporter of the World Wildlife Fund.
- Reel Paper: The game changer in eco-friendly toilet paper! Yes, really! 100% tree free bamboo toilet paper, no inks, no dyes, no BPA; just natural bamboo paper that is sourced sustainably with zero plastic packaging. Here's the kicker -- subscribe (and save!) to have it conveniently delivered right to your door. Never run out of TP again. All this while Reel partners with SOIL to provide access to clean toilets for those in need around the world and giving Americans households a way to to reduce our carbon footprints. And NOW paper towels too! Support Reel and other black-owned, sustainable businesses too.
Freebies: Should Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com receive free items and/or services and decide to write about them, then we will tell you so in the relevant article.
Personal Stake and/or Interest: Should Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com have a non-affiliate, personal relationship or interest in a product, company or organization featured in content on or from Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com, we will tell you so in the relevant article.
Fees for Services: Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com may receive compensation for consulting, speaking, research and/or project management services arranged under specific contracts for such services.
Compensation in whatever form does not influence the article content provided on Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com. What compensation does do is allow Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com to continue providing information to you free of charge; it in no way (never!) influences what we say about the source. When you choose to click and/or purchase from affiliated links or advertisers you are choosing to support us and those that we have thought enough of to want you to know about, and we absolutely and completely appreciate it.
A big shoutout and thank you to the Noun Project, a lovely initiative where people from around the world share their beautiful designs, "creating, sharing and celebrating the world's visual language".
The views and opinions expressed by Mavenjoy Media, LLC/Sustainable-LIVE-WORK-PLAY.com are entirely our own. Any product claim, quote, statistic or other representation about any service or product should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
If you have questions about our site policies or affiliations, please don't hesitate to send an email by using our Contact form. We'll be happy to provide additional details.
Let Your Legislators Know What's Important to You...